“I have always been passionate about Hospitality. I believe I am a friendly outgoing person, who loves to have conversations with people I get to meet along my journey. This is one of the many reasons I decided to engage and work in the service industry. I get to learn a lot from my community every day.

In 2017 I packed my bags and left Serbia in hopes to travel, see the world, meet new people, and learn about new cultures.  Little did I know I would land a new job opportunity in Doha, Qatar.

I can’t begin to describe the explosion of creativity and diversity this country has to offer. I was mesmerized by the buildings and cool structures, how this country grows each year and continues to show the public all of its potentials. I hope to be here for the World Cup 2022!

I will be honest and say that I had a bit of trouble at the beginning with understanding people as I had just started to learn English. My communication skills were quite poor, and I had to learn my way of serving people of many different nationalities through many practices.  I had a lot of mistakes, but I am happy to have grown and built on my knowledge. I feel more than ever prepared for new challenges.

Living in Doha has allowed me to come out of my comfort zone, and helped me reach one of my goals which is to travel.

Although I have not flown to the country yet, Qatar has provided me with friends from all over the world, and an environment which facade places just as if you were in  Europe, lovely atmosphere such as; Qanat Quartier, The Pearl, the Villaggio Mall, Msheireb, and Al Hazm Mall.

I have also been able to expand my palette in food. I am quite a fussy eater, but I have learned to try new types of food. I must say I now snack on “hummus” and “shawarmas” rather than the regular potato chips.

Qatar has brought me a place of safety, and continues to bring experiences that I will forever remember.”

-Stevan Skoric (Serbia)