Embrace the claw!
Love it or hate it – there’s no question the stiletto nail is a look.
Everyone from Rihanna to Kylie Jenner has rocked the fierce af mani trend and it’s surprisingly easy to do yourself. Here’s how:
What you’ll need:
- A set of glue-on nails (I used Long Square Tips which includes a bottle of nail glue!)
- A nail file
- Base & top coat (these are completely optional, but totally recommended!)
Before you start, give yourself a
your nails are polish-free and cuticles are pushed back.
- Apply a small drop of glue onto your nail bed. Tip: If you haven’t used this stuff before, a little goes a long way so don’t overdo it!
- Press on the nail as close to your cuticle as possible. If the nail is too big, just file the corners until it fits.
- Use scissors (or a nail clipper) to snip the ends at an angle.
- Using a coarse nail file, smooth out the sides until the desired shape is achieved.
- Paint on a base coat and then a nude polish over the entire nail.
- Towards the tip, swipe on a gold polish in a v-shape.
- Next, add the red polish over the gold. I opted for black for an extra vampy feel.
- Finally, add a top coat and your stiletto nail is complete!
Written by Katalina Mitchell, seventeen.com