The Gallery at Virginia Commonwealth University School of the Arts in Qatar (VCUarts Qatar), a
Qatar Foundation partner university, is all set to host an exhibition titled, ‘Colour Lab’ by artists
Liz Nielsen, Vanessa Donoso López, and Melanie McClintock.

Through an interactive collection of artist works and workshops, the exhibition explores the
shifting face of colour, inviting the observer to participate in a series of chromatographic
journeys through chromatography, cyanotypes, photograms, and pigments of provenance,
sourced and apportioned to denote a sense of place.

During the opening of the event, visitors will have an opportunity to participate in colour
experiments that will result in a final collaborative work with unique takeaways.

The opening reception will take place on March 11 at 6pm. The exhibition will run until April
11. The exhibition has been curated by Melanie McClintock, a graduate of VCYarts Richmond,
Virginia.

“When I was asked to curate a show on colour, many potential paths came to mind, so many
that I was often simultaneously excited, inspired, and overwhelmed,” McClintock said. “I knew I
did not want the show to simply be about the surface of colour. It had to be about the depths
of colour: its materiality, the way it moves, the way it reacts to light, and ultimately, the special
places where colour melds science and art.”

Source https://img.gulf-times.com/Content/PDF/Community/Community2020_3_9658629.PDF

More on Arts & Literature