W Doha Hotel & Residences, the first luxury lifestyle hotel in Qatar, will host the latest art collection of Ahmed Al Maadheed at Art 29 from 16th September to 16th October 2018, to celebrate his latest offering to Qatar and the world. The official opening ceremony will be held on 16th September at 6PM. This year’s exhibition runs under the theme 5/6, a date that symbolizes a turning point in the history of Qatar that transformed the country into an unprecedented progress nationally and internationally. The exhibition will be open to the public as of the 17th of September until October 16th from 10am-10pm daily.

Ahmed-madeed-art-doha

The Qatari-born artist, who is often referred to as ‘The man who painted the history’, will be showcasing his artwork for the second time at Art 29. He is renowned for creating the iconic image ‘Tamim the Glorious’ of HRH the Emir, which has won him local and global recognition for his work and has been a symbol of Qatari strength throughout the blockade.

Commenting on his recent exhibition, Ahmed Al Maadheed said: “I am extremely proud to bring my latest collection to Art 29, this is a personal exhibition which is close to my heart. I am a strong believer of simplicity, but I also believe that passion and appreciation and taking one’s time emerges from their creations. I thankfully have the time to focus on what I love to do the most; and that is creating pieces that speak not only to me and what I have accomplished in life, but what I have accomplished for our beloved Qatar. My collection at Art 29 now is a continuation of my original piece, Tamim the Glorious. I want to continue showcasing how our nation is growing and thriving – all through my eyes.”

This year’s gallery features a unique art collection with more than 48 paintings, 6 distinct pieces of art and an interactive viewing section to satisfy the visitor’s curiosity and passion for art. The exhibition is divided into four distinct sections. The first section showcases art that describes the pride and glory of Qatar with a number of masterpieces which combine passion, commitment and creativity.  Ahmed’s passion for sports is depicted in the second section as he drew the six balls at the closing of the 2018 World Cup I in Russia which was to welcome viewers around the globe to the World Cup in Qatar in 2022. Another section of the exhibition is dedicated to miscellaneous artistic work that outlines culture, environment and human emotions.

Ahmed Al Maadheed

In support of the exhibition, an exclusive afternoon tea has been created in conjunction with Ahmed Al Maadheed. The vibrant afternoon tea is inspired by his artwork and will be offered at the W Café & Art 29 from 12.30pm to 7.30pm starting from September 17th for one month.

Art 29 is an exciting platform that presents the works of up and coming local, regional and international artists. It provides them with a space to showcase their work and aspirations to the community. For more information, please visit the Art29 website at www.art29doha.com.

For more articles on Arts & Culture click here