Some people have difficulty coming up with a gift idea for their friends, especially if you’ve been friends with someone for years now, and you already exchanged all the big and meaningful gifts you planned. The budget is also a factor here – the winter holiday season is coming and we all need to be cautious about the way we spend money.

There’s a nice and useful method of surprising your friends and not paying a fortune for a gift – homemade crafts. It’s really not necessary for you to be particularly handy or resourceful for what I have in mind. A sprinkle of will, a pinch of creativity and a fair amount of patience is all you need.

sweets

Cooking actually might be a pretty great idea for that special someone you’d like to surprise. If they have a sweet tooth and can’t resist a fresh batch of cookies, that’s exactly what you should make!

Your best choice here is muffins – they are simple to make, so you can’t really mess them up; and I don’t know a person in this world who doesn’t like them or who can even stay indifferent to their smell. The ones with chocolate chips are a classic, but you can always spice them up with some kind of berries or – even more chocolate.

2. Scrapbook

Having a meaningful friendship with someone implies that you have a lot of memories and that you two have gone through a lot of different things, both good and bad. Well, you can take a walk through your past memories and remember all those things that helped you build this bond of yours.

The most meaningful gift I ever gave to my best friend is a scrapbook that contained our first photos and the most recent ones, and all the pages were filled with jokes, funny sketches, and drawings. Aesthetics shouldn’t really matter here – find the most meaningful photos and items, draw and write from your heart, and I’m absolutely sure that your friend will be the happiest person in the world once they receive it.

Image result for Scrapbook

3. Gift Basket

No, I don’t mean the ones you can just buy – you are to make it from scratch. That way, it’s a budget-friendly gift in which you invested time, skill, and effort.

A gift basket is a simple DIY project – all you need is a hamper of sorts and a theme. If you can’t decide on only one thing your friend likes, you can simply fill the basket up with everything your special person enjoys and make it even more personal.

Image result for Gift Basket

4. Framed Flowers

flowers

This idea requires some planning, so you should have that in mind. But, it’s worth all the trouble because it looks gorgeous. If your friend is known to be an aesthete, I believe that dried flowers pressed with glass on both sides and simply framed is a present that they will definitely appreciate. All you need to do is to find a beautiful flower, several of them, or a leaf perhaps – the composition is completely up to you – press them very carefully and have your piece of art framed.

Image result for Knitted Blanket5. Knitted Blanket

This is a huge trend all over the internet right now, and it’s no wonder – blankets made out of really thick wool are both very cozy, so you’ll never want to leave yours, and very stylish, so they fit with any inner décor and any room in a home, as a matter of fact.

I know this seems like a lot of work and it does seem to require a lot of skill, but that’s really not true – you just need to be patient, follow a detailed guide and you’ll have a really nice gift in no time. Of course – unless you decide to keep it for yourself.

Image result for Canvas Print6. Canvas Print

Canvas significantly contributes to the level of stylishness when it comes to wall art and you should have that in mind if you’d like to share a particular memory. My suggestion is to have some photo editing done on that photo, so that it doesn’t look like it was just glued onto the canvas.

Image result for Custom Coasters7. Custom Coasters

This is a nice little present that everyone needs. The thing is that coasters don’t have to be ordinary. You can have a set specially made according to your friend’s personality – the bands they listen to, favorite characters from movies, or perhaps some symbols they find meaningful. A gift that is useful and pretty is always appreciated.

pillows

8. Artsy Pillows

We all have that one friend who loves to sleep and who appreciates being comfy above all else – a person like this can never have too many pillows. Considering that Christmas is coming soon, you can have some fun with those motives if that particular friend is into that. If you’d like to do some brainstorming, you should browse through different ideas online and find the most appropriate design.

Related image

9. Handmade Bottle Stoppers

Another easy to make DIY project any friend who enjoys a quality drink (or two) will appreciate. Handmade bottle stoppers have a decorative purpose, but they are also quite handy – no one likes it when their drink goes stale. So, depending on your friend’s affinities, decide on which theme to go with for this DIY and create a set of bottle stoppers; I’m sure that you can find the right person for this gift and that they will have a lot of appreciation for your efforts.

Once I started creating homemade gifts for my friends, I felt amazing. Now, I rarely actually purchase them. Spending money on a gift isn’t the point of making someone happy – thinking about an idea for starters and realizing it later is something that will make your friends happy, and the surprise itself is just the second wave of joy.

Source: www.lifehack.org/ | Author: Tanvir Zafar

More from our Arts & Culture Page!