Manifesting in self-care is a great way of treating and pampering yourself mentally and physically. It is important to take the time to care for yourself and what better way then treating your skin to a homemade facial mask. It is important to choose the right mask with the right ingredients to obtain the desired results. Here are two recipes for homemade masks everyone can do to get nourished, refined and glowing skin.
Yogurt with Oatmeal
Yogurt is full of lactic acids and is great for reducing wrinkles, tightening pores, brightening, as well as clearing up dead skin. Oatmeal works to reduce cell damage caused by sun rays and pollution, along with providing moisture and exfoliation.
For clear and soft skin:
- Put one teaspoon of oatmeal in a cup, and add on a small amount of warm water. Let the oatmeal settle.
- Take two tablespoons of fresh yogurt and add it to a separate container.
- Separate the oatmeal from the water and add it to yogurt.
- Mix the yogurt and the oatmeal and let it settle for two minutes.
- Prepare your skin by washing it with water, and apply a layer of the mask on the face and neck for 15-20 minutes. Make sure to avoid your eyes.
- Wash your skin with warm to cold water.
Flaxseed is a great moisturizer, it reduces dullness, prevents acne and pimples, and re-energizes then skin due to its elements like Omega 3 fatty acids and antioxidants.
To get silky smooth skin:
- Take two teaspoons of organic flaxseed and let it settle in a ½ cup of warm water.
- Leave the flaxseed overnight to rest.
- Apply the liquid part of the mixture on the face and leave it for 10-20 minutes, or until it dries. Make sure to avoid your eyes.
- Rinse your face with warm to cold water.
Apply these two masks 2 – 4 times a week for faster results. In addition to the face these masks can be used for other parts of the body, such as the hands and feet. Take 30 minutes of your day give your skin the treatment it deserves. These masks use natural and organic products, but be sure to be wary of any redness that may occur due to different skin types and allergies.
By Ayah Mohamedain