Essential oils have been around the beauty industry for quite some time. Here are four fabulous DIY essential oil recipes to revamp and redefine your beauty routine.
For this wonderful face serum, you will need:
- 30 drops of Frankincense
- 10 drops of Melaleuca
- 10 drops of Lavender
- 50 drops of Jojoba Oil
Mix the oils in a glass container and shake well. The container needs to be glass as plastic can degrade the essential oils. Shake before use and apply it to your face. Wait and watch it work it’s magic.
Serving size: 10-12 lip balm applications
You will need:
- 7 drops of essential lavender oil
- 7 drops of essential lemon oil
- 2 tablespoons of beeswax
- 4 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 drops of vitamin E
- Lip balm containers
Melt coconut oil, bees wax and vitamin E in a pot over medium to low heat. Stir occasionally until all the lumps are dissolved. Then remove from the heat and add the essential oils. Stir well to mix the oil throughout and pour into the containers while hot to avoid hardening. Set aside to cool.
Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Serving: 2 facial masks
You will need:
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 drops frankincense essential oil
- 2 drops lavender essential oil
- 2 tsp. raw honey
- ½ tsp. plain, unflavored gelatin
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients and combine thoroughly.
- Drape a towel over your chest and shoulders to catch the excess mask during application.
- Wash your face with warm water.
- Apply the mask all over your face. Make sure to avoid your eyes.
- Allow the mask to dry completely.
- Use a warm, wet towel to remove the mask.
- Repeat 1-2 times a week for best results.
- a spray container
- 8 oz. distilled water
- 1 Tbsp. of witch hazel
- 20 – 30 drops of essential oils
Pour all of the ingredients into the spray container and make sure to seal it tightly. Shake well and spray away. Make sure to shake well every time you use it. Play around with different scents and see what you like. The options are endless!