Being out to have some fun in the sun is great during the summer holidays! Although we all know how extremely hot and unhealthy days in Qatar can be. So why not do all kinds of activities indoors? At your only favourite mall of choice, Doha Festival City, you can do more than just shopping.
Scroll down to get some ideas on what things you can do with your loved ones at the mall today!
1. Shoot your best shots at the Mini-Golf Course!
It’s not summered if we do not have some fun at the mini-golf course! The 9-hole course is making a comeback after its opening in January earlier this year, open for people of all ages – including children below the ages of 12! They have a Wall of Fame that displays the Top 10 players of each activation day where a Winner of the Day will be selected among the top 10.
- Timings: every Thursday, Friday, Saturday from 2 pm until mall closing
- Special Timings: Ladies Day – every Tuesday, 2-10PM
- Pricing: 30QAR per person
- Location: First Floor, West Hall, South – near Café Ladurée, Doha Festival City
- Please note that healthy & safety measures apply at all times.
2. Purchase new seasonal clothes and skincare collections!
Festival City has an extended amount of new arrivals for the Fashion & Beauty category today! First up, there is an amazing collection for ladies. You may discover the new Serge Lutens makeup and fragrance exclusively at Harvey Nichols Doha.
- Get yourself some ethereal flower-patterned dresses and outfits that are now trending for the summer and can be found at American Eagle. The floral patterns are perfect for a lady’s day or night out with friends at your favorite nightlife bar or the beach while enjoying some time in the sun.
- Other patterns that continue to have an ongoing trend are sorbet pastels, black & white match, monochrome, retro bloom and sheer delights.
- For a peaceful beauty sleep, you can have a look at Etam, La Senza & Women’s Secret for some of the most comforting nightwear like a simple tee with fun themed prints on it, short & long pyjamas as well as nightgowns.
- Entering the beauty scene, bold lips, flawless face & expressive eyes are the current trend where you can find the perfect makeup at Kiko Milano (outlet opening this August), Clarins and California Kissin Colorbalm.
- To care for your skin even better this summer, you can step up your skincare routine with some of the best hydrating mist and moisturizers at Pari Gallery.
- For men’s wear, summer jackets such as Harrington, denim and bomber are back in style at Napapurik Anorak and Gant. Along with that, the casual preppy summer shirts are back in the hype zone among men. Some of these short-sleeve or button-down shirts are displayed at Boggi and Quicksilver.
- Suit shorts from Boggi and Gant as well as swim trunks and denim shorts are trending and available at American Eagle.
3. Dine at the Food Outlets for Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner!
Festival City is open to more than 100 food outlets that serve excellent delicacies non-stop. Here are some of our most recommended restaurants and cafes to dine at:
- Serving some of the best wholemeal courses, Karafirin offers a great range of breakfast and lunch meals. The Turkish cuisine they serve will not disappoint you with its variety of flavours from sweet, sour, salty and savoury!
- Bringing the ambiance of dining at Rome to your dining table at Eataly Monticello. You don’t want to sleep on this fish dish, Ricciola Alla Griglia, from their seasonal summer menu. Their grilled organic yellowfin Hamachi would be the catch of the day in anyone’s books.
4. Entertain You and Your Family at Virtuocity, Snow Dune, Angry Birds World, Spark Sense & Play, Caboodle & VOX Cinemas!
- Angry Birds World gives you the option of both indoor and outdoor entertainment areas for you to choose from – accommodating entertainment and fun for kids of all ages. You can even throw birthday parties for your little ones!
- To cool off from Qatar’s heat, you and your family can also chill and hang by Snow Dunes and their literal cool rides and fun!
- For less extreme play areas for your little ones, they can be dropped by at Spark Sense & Play or at Caboodle.
- Most kids and teenagers are suckers for games and virtual reality, stopping by Virtuocity would be an excellent choice to explore.
- Last but not least, the whole family can enjoy a relaxing time at the Vox cinemas for a luxurious experience to watch and chill with their plushy seats. Not only do they provide a premium experience, but they also provide 4D cinemas with motion seats, real light, wind, water, and scent effects.
- Featured image source: Faithful+Gould