This is my favorite easy turkey stuffing recipe. It’s easy to make and delicious to eat! I have made it multiple times and it never ceases to tingle my taste buds and give me that warm tingling feeling of home inside.
|Preparation time||20 minutes|
|Cooking time||50 Minutes|
|Total Time||1 hour 10 Minutes|
|Servings||Adjust up to measurements|
- 4/5 loaves sandwich bread
- 14 tablespoons butter
- 4/5 diced onion
- 1 head of diced celery
- 2 tablespoons dried sage
- 4 teaspoons of seasoning (depending upon one’s favorites, mine is always poultry)
- 1/2 cup turkey or chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut bread into one-inch cubes and allow to sit out and dry for around one to two hours. I prefer to keep it overnight. [Optional: Toast at 200-degree for 30 minutes]
- Melt butter.
- Add onions, celery sage and 2 teaspoons of seasoning.
- Sauté until vegetables are translucent and tender.
- Add dried bread to a large mixing bowl. Add in onion mixture and stir.
- Add chicken/turkey broth, remaining seasoning and salt and pepper. Stir.
- Place stuffing in a baking dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- Stuffing can also be placed inside the turkey cavity and roasted.
Now get ready to enjoy and feast!
By Jeena H