Chef Kim Kar Ooi, the Executive Chef of Shanghai Club specializes in Cantonese cuisine; where dim sum, seafood, and stir-fry dishes are all-time favorites. With 15 years of experience in various Asian countries, he became an expert in multi-background of cooking Cantonese, Sichuan, Malaysian and Chinese dishes.
Visiting the Middle East for the first time, Chef Kim was able to adapt easily with the culture of Doha by visiting the local market and local suppliers, which then helped him curate modern Asian dishes with local touch by using the ingredients found in the country. Being a big fan of fusion dishes, Chef Kim has created his menu adding a twist that would complement the local and expat taste. Some of his favorite dishes include the Poach Broccoli in Trio Mushrooms Truffle Sauce, Crispy duck, vegetable salad, plum pepper dressing, the classic har gow, crystal prawn dumpling and Chilled mango sago cream, mango jelly, pomelo.
Poach Broccoli in Trio Mushrooms Truffle Sauce
120 gm Broccoli
2 pcs Shitake Mushroom
half pkt shemeji mushroom
1 pkt enoki mushroom
one teaspoon Chicken powder
half teaspoon Sugar
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
A bit Dark soya sauce
10 Gm potato starch
A bit Truffle oil
75 ml Soup stock
- Cut all the broccoli and shemeji mushroom then slice the shitake mushroom.
- Wash and sanitize the broccoli and mushroom then strain the water.
- Add some potato starch with enoki mushroom then deep fry with oil at 120 c until golden colour.
- Poach the mushroom then strain the water. Add the seasoning and little bit of cooking oil into boiling water. Poach the broccoli until cooked then strain the water.
- Add a little oil into wok to saute the oyster sauce. Afterwards, add on 75ml of soups stock and seasoning.
- Add the shitake and shimeji mushroom then cook as mixed together. Put the potato starch to make it thick at the end. Add a bit of dark soya and truffle oil.
- Season the crispy enoki mushroom with salt.
- Put the broccolli around the platter then add the mushroom sauce in the middle. Place the crispy enoki mushroom in the middle.
- Share and enjoy!
More on Chef’s Special