Love, love, love. There is no better day to celebrate love than the famous Valentine’s Day! On February 14t, people all around the world spend their day with their loved ones. But most of us forget one very important loved one: ourselves. Although every day is a day for self-love, valentine’s day can be a special reminder to prioritize self-care above everything else. Below is a special day designed for those who need that extra bit of self-love. Don’t we all?

Set your alarm music to “Sexy and I Know It” by LMFAO

It is going to help you wake up energized with a little bit of morning reminder.

Take a Warm, Long Shower

Playlist:

• “Perfect” by Pink
  • “Don’t Be So Hard on Yourself” by Jess Glynne
  • “Stronger” by Kelly Clarkson
  • “Confident” by Demi Lovato

A Brunch Date with Yourself 

Pick a restaurant you have never been to and dine with class. Some cuisine suggestions are Turkish, Italian, Japanese, Thai or French. The key is to experience new restaurants, so remember to step out of your comfort zone.

Playlist:

• Nothing but the sound of a fork and a knife against your plate.

Go Out to The Park

Get in touch with nature for a peaceful afternoon. Be grounded, enjoy the fresh breeze as you reflect on yourself. Some park suggestions include Dahl Al-Hammam Park, Museum of Islamic Arts or Al-Bidaa Park.

Playlist

• “Let it Go” by James Bay
  • “I Love Me” by Meghan Trainor ft. Lunch Money Lewis
  • “Up & Up” by Cold Play
  • “Titanium” by David Guetta featuring Sia

A Gift for You

Not shopping sprees or sale extravaganzas but thoughtful, meaningful gifts for the person that has gotten you through tough times. Some suggestions include accessories such as necklaces, watches, belts etc.…; home decors such as new couch pillows, a humidifier; or something personal like a new hair dye or a pedicure. Whatever it is, give yourself a well-deserved gift.

Make Yourself Dinner

Another  say “I love you” to yourself is to prepare a healthy, filling meal. A good recipe to try:

Crispy Honey-Lemon Chicken Thighs – Four Servings

Ingredients:

• 4 skin-on chicken thighs, bone-in
  • 5-6 garlic cloves, peeled
  • 1-2 Tablespoons of olive oil
  • 1-2 Tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped
  • 1 Tablespoon of butter
  • Half a lemon, juiced
  • 1 ½ Tablespoons of Honey and
  • Salt and Paper

Preparation

1. Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Dry the thighs, season them with salt and pepper on both sides and drizzle olive oil.
  2. Place an oven-safe pan on medium heat, cook the chicken thighs for 15 minutes, skin side down until brown and crisp. Five minutes through, adjust them so that the fat touches the pan and is coated with liquid.
  3. Place the pan in the oven with garlic on the side. Wait for 15 minutes, until fully cooked.
  4. Take the chicken and place it on a plate, leave the garlic. Add lemon juice, butter, honey and stir over low heat. Scrape the browned bits and combine them with the sauce. Drizzle over the chicken thighs and garnish with parsley.

Playlist

• “Roar” by Katy Perry
  • “Born This Way” by Lady Gaga
  • “All I do is Win” by DJ. Khaled
  • “Sorry Not Sorry” by Demi Lovato
  • “Brand New Me” by Alicia Keys
  • “Love Myself” by Hailee Steinfield
  • “Worth it” by Fifth Harmony
  • “A Sky Full of Stars” by Coldplay
  • “Alive” by Sia

Put on Face mask and Watch a Movie

A movie, a home facial and a homemade dinner. Does it get better than this?

Movie playlist

• “When Harry Met Sally”
  • “Before Sunrise”
  • “Say Anything”
  • “Moonstruck”
  • “Pretty Woman”
  • “The Princess Bride”

Of course, these are just suggestions so make sure to add on your all-time favorite.

Goodnight’s Sleep

Nothing beats a goodnight’s sleep. Go to bed early thankful for the loving people around you and yourself.

We all wish everyday could be like this but it’s nice to know that there is one day we can look forward to. Have a wonderful Valentine’s Day!

Written by: Bisrat Atalay Tasew

Sources: https://www.brit.co/easy-chicken-thighs-recipe/

More from Lifestyle & Living