Style is personal, and sometimes it’s hard for us to define what’s ‘stylish’ as opinions on what looks good and what doesn’t differs. But in general, we believe keeping your style classic and timeless is the easiest and best way to improve your appearance.
We’ve broken it down for you, highlighting 5 simple style tips that can be implemented straight away, and they’ll lead to vast improvements.
Style Tip 1: Fit
Fit is, hands down, the number 1 essential to dressing better.
You could be wearing the most expensive suit but if it doesn’t fit as it should, it’s not going to look good. The issue with fit is guys choose to ignore it because they may be overweight, or they want to feel comfortable. But you should always pay close attention to the way clothes fit you whatever weight or whatever age you are.
Defining how something should fit is hard because everybody’s different, but the most important thing you need to remember when focusing on fit is the less ‘unwanted’ fabric the better.
In other words, if you’re wearing a pair of jeans and they’re scrunching up at the bottom… the fit needs some work. If you’re wearing a shirt and I can grab a handful of fabric from either the front or the back of the shirt… the fit needs work.
Style Tip 2: Good Shoes
Research concludes that first impressions of an individual are made based on the shoes they are wearing.
From a style perspective, good shoes can really enhance your overall appearance. You could be wearing a simple jeans and t-shirt combination, and with the addition of a nice pair of shoes your appearance will enhance.
Brown shoes are your best friends. Forget your lucky pulling pants, brown shoes should become that best mate you can rely on.
Style Tip 3: The Suit
The suit is powerful, not only for perception reasons, but walk around in a suit and feel the power it gives you mentally.
Not only does this then allow perception of you to be better than it would be normally, it also gives you confidence.
Style Tip 4: Keeping It Timeless
You don’t need to know anything about fashion to be stylish.
Think back to the style in the 1920’s, the 30’s and the 40’s and elements of it is still in style now.
But What’s Timeless?
- Suits(Neutral colors, classic cuts. You already know the importance of suits)
- Accessories(I’ve got ties I inherited from my Grandad who’s 89, accessories are timeless)
- Shirts(Again, neutral colors and classic cuts. The white shirt is a style staple every man should own)
- Shoes (Brogues, Monk Strap Shoes, Oxford or Derby Shoes… these are all classic, timeless shoes)
- The Chino(Again, a classic wardrobe piece. Chinos will be wearable in 30 years time)
- T-Shirts(No, not them graphic prints or slogan t-shirts… classic styles. A simple crew neck white, black or navy t-shirt can be worn for years to come.)
- Denim(Again, avoid trends. Classic dark denim jeans are timeless, allowing you to wear them over and over again.)
Style Tip 5: Quality Over Quantity
Improving your style is about being smart.
It’s not about having a huge choice; it’s about having the correct choice.
Do you know you could have a wardrobe with just 10 pieces… and you’d be able to put together multiple looks for multiple occasions?
It’s true. You could get away with just owning a few fundamentals, and you can create multiple outfits with them suitable for various occasion.
More on : Lifestyle & Fashion