To promote a healthy lifestyle and engagement in the world of sports – Qatar’s national day is celebrated on the second Tuesday in February of every year. Whether you go out for a run, take your kids or pets to the park, or simply make a long-term decision to change your eating habits, Qatar will be offering its best of events this month to express its support.
Scroll down the blog and make sure to read and note down what events would fit your schedule!
3-2-1 Qatar Olympic
What: Interactive games and challenges where you can compete and email your scores to them to win special prizes!
When: 8th of February 2022 – from 9 am till 11 am, and 2:30 pm.
What: Boot camp by the beach with exclusive benefits for annual memberships on the 8th of February.
When: 8th of February 2022 – from 2 pm till 3 pm.
Where: The Ritz-Carlton Doha
Extra Info: 4484 8173/174
Banana Island Resort Doha
What: Participate in and enjoy a vast range of sports activities around the island with family and friends. Surprise gifts await the winners.
When: 8th of February 2022 – from 2 pm till 3 pm.
Where: Banana Island Resort Doha
Price and Extra Details:
- Free for kids below 5
- Child (5 – 11 yrs old) – 200QR
- Adult – 300QR
SPORTS DAY GROUP PACKAGE (minimum of 10 adults):
- Sports day international brunch buffet at Azraq restaurant.
- Soft drinks, water, tea and coffee during brunch.
- Sports day team building activities for adults & kids.
- Pool & beach access
- 50% OFF on bowling
Timings: Luxury boat transfer from 09:00 am- 5:00 pm
- QR 300 per adult
- QR 200 per child from 5 to 11 years old
- Complimentary for kids below 5 years old
Offer Terms and Conditions:
- Offer is subject to availability.
- Offer is applicable for groups ( minimum 10 adults and above ).
- Offer is valid only on Sports Day 08th February 2022.
- Offer may not be in conjunction with any other discounts and promotions.
HBW rates (valid from 2nd Jan – 28th Feb, 2022) will be as follows:
- HBW DAY PASS PACKAGE (AVAILABLE FOR FULLY VACCINATED GUESTS ONLY) -VALID ANY DAY OF THE WEEK
- QR 350 per person (from 12 years old and above) including:
– Pool and Beach access
– Boat transfer
- QAR 50 credit to spend for the following recreational activities: bowling, watersports, bicycle rent, golf, and tennis.
- QAR 200 credit to spend at any of the operating food and beverage outlets.
- Children from 5 to 11 years old – QR 150
- Children 2 to 4 years old – QR 50
- Children under 2 years – Free of charge
- NO F&B credit for kids(only transportation and pool & beach).
Boat service timings for day pass guests will be as follows:
- 9:00 AM – departure to Island
- 5:00 PM – return trip to Doha
For inquiries and bookings for a day pass, please call: 4040 5131
The first National Sports Day was held in 2012. It followed a decree issued in December 2011 by HH Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani,
the Deputy Emir, and Heir Apparent. The decree stated that the 2nd Tuesday in Feb would be Qatar’s National Sports Day.
Celebrating the National Sports Day highlights the role that sport plays as a factor in creating a healthy community at both physical and
psychological levels. The day is part of the Qatar National Vision 2030 initiative.
- FAMILY OLYMPICS (Family Fun Run, Family Relay Bike Ride & Bowling competition)
9:00 am – 11: 45 am | BEACH AREA
- CIRCUIT TRAINING
9:00 am – 9:45 am and 10:00 am – 10: 45 am | BEACH AREA
- TIMED CIRCUIT
9:00 am – 9:45 am and 10:00 am – 10: 45 am | FITNESS STUDIO
2:00 pm – 4:00 pm | TENNIS COURT
- FREE GAMES & ACTIVITIES
9:00 am – 5:00 pm | BEACH AREA
– Football & Volleyball
– Baby football
– Table Tennis
– Bouncing castle
– Fun games
Check and see all the details of the Qatar National Sports Day event!
Note: All activities are open for in-house guests and Day Pass guests.
What: Qatar Foundation is inviting members of the community to visit Education City on National Sport Day, to participate in a range of fun activities that reflect the organization’s year-round commitment to promoting active, healthy living.
Visitors will be able to take part in a range of exercise classes and fitness challenges and tournaments, such as Zumba, spinning, circuit training, yoga, and boxing.
When: 8th of February 2022 – from 8 am till 5 pm.
Where: Four locations at Education City– Oxygen Park, Green Spine, the Ceremonial Court, and Multaqa (Education City Student Center)
Extra Info: All organized National Sport Day activities – which are free of charge and open to the public – require pre-registration, due to COVID-19 safety measures, and adhere to all public health guidelines.
More information is available at www.qf.org.qa/community/car-free. To view the schedule for organized National Sport Day activities at QF, and to pre-register for them, visit www.qf.org.qa/nsd2022 or download the Education City app through the Apple App Store for iPhone or the Google Play Store for Android phones. The Education City app also contains information about QF’s year-round sporting classes, programs, and facilities which are open for the public to use and enjoy, including on National Sport Day.
What: A set of challenges and an online workshop!
When: 2nd – 28th of February 2022.
Qatar Animal Welfare Society (QAWS) JogADog and PatACat
What: Come down to QAWS on Qatar’s National Sports Day to spend time walking the dogs and playing with the cats. Exercise the fun way, surrounded by dogs, puppies, cats and kittens!
When: 13th of February 2022 – from 2 pm till 5 pm.