Grammy award-winning artist Shakira is in Qatar for the second day of the World Innovation Summit for Education (WISE) 2019.

Founder of Barefoot Foundation (Pies Descalzos) Shakira emphasised the importance of quality education.

Shakira Mebarak presenting her educational foundation, Pies Descalzos said, “One of the most meaningful things I have done in my lifetime, even more than winning Grammys I think.”

Source: Peninsula Qatar

“Education is the great equalizer! That is why I started the most important project of my life to bring quality education to all children, she added.

Pies Descalzos is a Colombian charity helping poor and impoverished children since 1997.

Shakira pledged that 54,000 children who are out of school or at risk of dropout will be helped into the educational system in the next three years through her project in Columbia

WISE 2019 is designed to challenge the conventional way of thinking about education. This year’s summit is held under the theme ‘UnLearn ReLearn: What it means to be Human’ at Qatar National Convention Centre.

Shakira shared this picture after arriving in Qatar for the WISE conference (source: Peninsula Qatar)

Source: https://www.thepeninsulaqatar.com/article/21/11/2019/Shakira-speaks-in-Qatar-on-importance-of-quality-education

More on Education