Doha, Qatar, February 24, 2019: As part of its commitment to provide global engagement to new generation and to be the change agents, Education Above All (EAA) Foundation delegation comprised of 12 students took part in the 23rd Session of the Youth Assembly, which was held from February 15-17, 2019 in New York City, USA.

Sponsored by Qatar Financial Center (QFC), EAA youth delegation were able to showcase their capabilities to the global audience under the theme, ‘Empowering Youth for Global Development’.

Throughout history, young people have played crucial roles in leading national and global movements that changed the world, despite the numerous challenges that they face, such as age discrimination, underrepresentation, lack of resources and unemployment. This conference addressed these gaps and worked towards fostering the inclusion of youth across all social and regional groups in tackling and solving global challenges. All delegates voiced their opinions and experiences during the conference. Their concerns and policy insights were shared with relevant stakeholders within the spheres of youth and global development, further expanding the voices of youth in the international dialogue.

On this occasion, Dana Al Mohannadi, student from Al Khor International School, said:

“I am very privileged to have the opportunity to participate in the 23rd session of the Youth Assembly at the United Nations as a Youth Delegate. It was a truly transformative experience. The Youth Assembly at the United Nations is a forum where youth leaders can learn innovative strategies and fresh approaches to enrich their work in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).”

She added: “I would like to thank EAA and QFC for providing this incredibly rich experience that helped me grow professionally in several ways. The knowledge, connections, and inspiration that come from attending events like this could not be more valuable. The Youth Assembly not only provided me a platform as a youth to engage with the United Nations and other key players in sustainable development, but was also an opportunity to make new friends, meet with various collaborators, mentors, and partners. These events help to keep us grounded while exploring new possibilities.”

The 23rd Session of The Youth Assembly continued FAF’s legacy of youth empowerment by once again serving as a platform to strengthen and mobilize youth with the skills and opportunities needed to be agents of impactful change. The conference connected the world’s foremost young talent in the fields of sustainable development and social entrepreneurship, together with leading professionals and practitioners in various fields. Through discussions, skill-building workshops, networking sessions, and ideation challenges, youth delegates gained the relevant knowledge, resources, and opportunities they need to take action and build projects of their own.

More from Education