Doha, 17 March 2019 – With just two weeks ahead of the new National Museum of Qatar (NMoQ) opening on March 28, 2019, Qatar Museums (QM) launched an emotive social media campaign with some of Qatar’s most prominent personalities welcoming visitors to the museum.

The start of the campaign was marked with a welcome video featuring H.E. Dr. Hamad Bin Abdul Aziz Al Kawari, Member of QM’s Board of Trustees, who said: “Qatar is a country with a rich past and heritage, throughout the ages we have faced many challenges but we were always able to turn them into successes. The National Museum of Qatar is a celebration of what our country has achieved and what it continues to aspire to.”

Singer Fahad Kubaisi, artist Aisha Nasser Al Sowaidi and QM Board Member H.E. Dr. Hessa Sultan Al Jaber will be featured in future videos that will be introduced in the coming weeks.

Commenting on the campaign launch, Aisha said: “A lot of my works are inspired by memories and heritage, I always try to merge new ideas and old traditions.”

Aisha is a graduate of the prestigious Fire Station: Artist in Residence programme and participant in the internationally-acclaimed Contemporary Art Qatar exhibitions. She has created an installation that is placed within the NMoQ’s VIP Lounge called Central Midkhan, which takes the idea of a traditional and local ritual and transforms it into a global concept of home systems.

Renowned Qatari singer and record producer Fahad Kubaisi stated: “Qatar was and will always be my muse. I look forward to the National Museum of Qatar’s opening as a new source of inspiration for my music and art.”

The NMoQ tells the story of the people of Qatar, giving voice to the country’s rich heritage and history whilst celebrating its future. Visitors to the museum will be able to learn about Qatar’s ancestors and the formation of early cities, as well the modernisation of Qatari society. Exhibitions will combine historic objects and contemporary influences, opening up a dialogue around the impact of rapid change. Innovative presentation techniques will excite audiences and push boundaries.

More from Arts & Culture