Doha – Qatar. W Doha Hotel & Residences,the first luxury lifestyle hotel in Qatar, will host an exclusive art collection titled ‘Past to Present’ by a young, talented Kuwaiti artist, Hamad Al-Humaidhan, at ART29.The gallery comprises of 28 paintings which will take art lovers and enthusiasts through a moving journey of the young artists’ perception of life. The opening reception for the showing was held onFebruary 23rdand will remain open to the public until March 30th, 2019, from 10am-10pm daily.
Past to Present’ is a compilation of Hamad’s work throughout the years selected from 2014 until the present. Each painting illustrates a particular story and when put all together, the collection inevitably depicts the developments made throughout Hamad’s life journey. Dubbed by critics early in his career as “Young Picasso”, the 19-year-old developed his recent collection to narrate the inspiring tale of his life as depicted through vibrant strokes of colour and movement.
Commenting on his latest exhibition, Hamad Al-Humaidhan commented: “I am excited to display my latest work at ART29, here in Qatar. Painting provides me with a platform to inspire and express my emotions. Each fresh canvas is mine to take over and create whatever my imagination allows me to. I am hoping visitors will take the time to appreciate the colours, the positive vibes and most importantly, living in the present moment while taking it all in.”
Heavily influenced by his father at a young age, most of Hamad’s inspiration came from either watching his father paint or browsing one of his father’s many art books. Greatly inspired, Hamad started attending museums, galleries, exhibitions and historic buildings – turning his hobby into a newly full-blown passion. By coincidence, the young artist adopted a Picasso cubist style of painting, not having ever previously seen any of Picasso’s works.He paints his world with youthful emotions— vivid and emotional. Each character, fiction or not, is composed with delicate mastery. Currently armed with long list of accomplishments, Hamad was commissioned to create a birthday card in celebration of the 180th Anniversary of Covent Garden market in London, generating interest from members of the media around the world.

General Manager of W Doha, Wassim Daaje said, “I would like to invite everyone in the localcommunity as well as visitors to the hotel to experience the work of this young genius at ART29.Young talent coupled with such passion is quite rare and we are proud to encourage the youth of Qatar as well as the region to express themselves through their art.ART29 will always be a creative platform for talent and inspiring artists to come together and motivate one another to keep chasing after their dreams and goals.”
Art 29 is an exciting platform that presents the works of up and coming local, regional and international artists. It provides them with a space to showcase their work and aspirations to the community. For more information, please visit the Art29 website atwww.art29doha.com

More from Arts & Culture