Maybe Mom was wrong — it is okay to eat with your hands! There’s something incredibly satisfying about a hands-on meal, and, even better, there are less dishes to clean afterwards (total score!). We don’t think finger foods should be limited to dinner parties or game night, so we’ve dug up some recipes for bite-size munchies that are perfect to kickstart your day. These frugal finger foods are flavorful, easy to fix, they freeze well and they’re fun! Now you have no excuse to eat boring bagels ever again.
1. Salsa Egg Bites: How would you like your eggs? We’ll take ours in muffin form… you know, for on-the-go munching on those mornings when a few extra minutes in bed are more important than lingering over the breakfast table. (via Three in Three)
2. Fried Chicken and Waffles: A quintessential Southern duo makes a comeback in bite-size form. Skewered with a toothpick, these chicken waffles snackers are extra irresistible. (via Cook Like a Champion)
4. Potato Latkes: Cake for breakfast? We’re game. Sausage cakes, angel food cake — ooh, don’t forget potato cakes! These spicy potato latkes are crisp and fabulous with a dollop of sour cream. (via A Spicy Perspective)
5. Mediterranean Frittata Muffins: If eggs are one of the few food items in your house right now, there’s this recipe. Swap out the add-ins for whatever veggies you happen to have on hand or leave them out entirely. You can thank us later! (via Allspice and Nutmeg)
6. Squash and Parmesan Crustless Mini Quiches: You can mix up a quiche with a few eggs and almost anything from your refrigerator. These reheat beautifully, too, so pop the leftovers in the freezer for some quick meals the rest of the week. (via Simple Bites)
9. Fried Egg-and-Bacon Puff Pastry Squares: These fancy food squares will be a smashing hit at any brunch party. Mix up a batch ahead of time and simply re-crisp them in the oven just before serving. (via Martha Stewart)