In addition to simply applying the gel from the Aloe plant directly to your skin and hair, why not try some of the following beauty recipes to naturally harness the power of Aloe Vera:
1. Green Tea and Aloe Skin Toner – this three ingredient toner is so easy to make. It promises to tighten pores, remove toxins, reduce redness and moisturize. Simply blend water, green tea, and aloe vera for a gentle astringent action. Those with extra oily skin can add some witch hazel if they wish.
2. Eye Make-Up Remover – stubborn mascara and eyeliner can be extremely difficult to remove, which is why many eye-care products on the market contain harsh chemicals. But these can be extremely drying to the skin, and damage the delicate eye area. This gentle yet effective homemade remover is made with just two ingredients: extra virgin olive oil and Aloe Vera juice.
3. Shaving Gel – on its own, Aloe makes the perfect shaving gel – it allows for a smooth, close shave whilst moisturizing and killing bacteria. But it’s even better when combined with liquid castile soap, vegetable glycerin, olive oil, and essential oils, as in this recipe.
5. Skin Brightening Scrub – brighten your skin tone and remove blemishes on your face and body with this simple blend of sugar, Aloe and lemon juice.
6. Daily Cleansing Face Wash – suitable for all face types – whether dry, oily or combination – this gentle everyday wash contains pure Aloe Vera gel, jojoba oil, liquid castile soap, cosmetic clay, and essential oil.
7. Soothing Moisturizer – a silky soft facial cream that smells great and lasts for months. To make this, you’ll need Aloe Vera gel, sweet almond oil, jojoba oil, beeswax, and your favorite essential oils.
8. Aloe and Honey Face Mask for Acne – a soothing and healing mask that pairs honey’s antibacterial abilities with Aloe Vera’s anti-inflammatory properties to reduce redness, pain, swelling and itching.
9. Cucumber and Aloe Face Mask for Dry Skin – this mask couldn’t be simpler to make and will alleviate the dryness and tightness around your face and hairline. Just add cucumber and aloe to a blender, whizz up and apply to your skin for 20 minutes.
10. Tinted Slick Eyebrow Gel – big, bold brows are in. Enhance yours – and keep unruly hairs under control – with this no-fuss natural gel which contains Aloe Vera, Fair Trade cocoa powder, activated charcoal, and some nourishing vitamin E oil.
13. ‘Keep Your Cool’ Facial Mist – on those extra hot (or stressful!) days, keep a bottle of this in your purse or refrigerator. It contains just Aloe Vera gel, witch hazel and peppermint essential oil.
15. Coconut Mango Bath Bombs – transform your bathroom into an at-home spa, and your bath water into a mango and coconut scented hot pot – with the goodness of both Aloe Vera and coconut milk!
16. 3-Ingredient Instant Lift Eye Gel – hide bags and drooping or puffy eyes with this easy remedy. You’ll need Aloe, cucumber, and witch hazel.
18. Aloe Shampoo – with so many benefits for hair health, whipping up this fantastic shampoo is a must! With distilled water, dried herbs, liquid castile soap, Aloe Vera gel, jojoba oil, and essential oils.
19. Conditioner for Dry Hair – lemon, Aloe Vera, and essential oils make for an easy yet effective DIY conditioner recipe.
20. Anti-Frizz Hair Spray – this simple spray is a natural detangler, stops frizz, and adds shine. Even better, it contains all natural ingredients and costs just 39 cents to make!