This Sparkling Strawberry Pineapple Mocktail with Mint and Lime will be the talk of your end of summer bash. This mocktail tastes like a summer evening and looks beautiful with all of the vibrant colors.
The other day after some back-to-school shopping for my little son, I started to get depressed by the feeling that summer is ending. It is the most anticipated time of year for me and it goes by quicker than you can burn a marshallow over a campfire. As a result of this little end of summer rain cloud I had created for myself, I decided to make a little pick-me-up with all of the summery ingredients I could throw together.
The result was a very effective, very delicious, and very summery sparkling mocktail packed with pineapple, strawberry, limes, and mint. This mocktail tastes like a summer evening and looks gorgeous with all of the vibrant colors of the ingredients. Plus, this recipe would be a show stopper at you next BBQ or if you just want summer to last a little longer in your own kitchen. Here’s how you make it:
- 2 limes, quartered
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 1 1/2 cups chopped strawberries
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 4-6 cups ginger ale or sparkling water
- Squeeze limes into a large pitcher; add squeezed lime quarters. Add mint and sugar; mash with a wooden spoon until mint is bruised and sugar is dissolved.
- In a blender, puree strawberries and pineapple, or mash with a potato masher in a bowl. Stir to combine.
- When ready to serve, add soda or sparkling water, if using; serve over ice.
Home Chef Tip: This drink is gorgeous on its own but is so fun to garnish. Cut a slice of pineapple, a slice of strawberry, lime, and mint, and spear with a wooden kabob stick to give it a lot of visual interest! You can also sugar the rims by dipping the rim of the glass in bowl of water and then a bowl of sugar or clear sprinkles. Let sugar/sprinkles dry completely to glass before adding the mocktail to the glass.