- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 12 bars
1 cup old-fashioned oats
1 cup crisped rice cereal
2 tablespoons chia seeds
½ cup chocolate protein powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ cup peanut butter (or nut butter of choice)
½ cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
¼ cup honey
(For the salted dark chocolate glaze)
⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a glass 8-inch by 8-inch baking dish with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the old fashioned oats, crisped rice cereal, and chia seeds. Stir with a large spoon until well-mixed.
- Add in the protein powder, cinnamon, and kosher salt. Mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine the nut butter, almond milk, and honey. Whisk to combine and pour over the dry ingredients. Mix with a large spoon until the dry ingredients are completely coated.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish and press down firmly. The mixture should be tightly packed, so use your hands to press down. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow the bars to completely cool, at least 30 minutes. Cut the bars into 12 rectangles and allow to cool before glazing.
- Place the chocolate chips in a microwavable dish and microwave on ten second intervals until melted. Stir in the kosher salt. Using a small spoon, gently glaze the granola bars adding as much chocolate as you like.
- Keep the granola bars refrigerated for freshness. Enjoy!
Written by Carrie Madormo, RN, MPH, mashed.com