When you live in Qatar for most part of the year, it’s a great opportunity to frequently visit the beach and pool. And with this lifestyle comes the need to protect your hair from the harsh sun, sea water and the chlorine pool aggressions. In this article, we suggest some great hair care tips to not let your hair lose its essence and maintain those shiny locks that you’ve always wanted.
As the saying goes, prevention is better than cure. If you know you’re going to be spending time at the beach or pool, be sure to apply anti-waste shampoos every 3 days for 1 week. This shampoo removes remnants of pollution and cosmetics that get impregnated in your hair. The use of a moisturizing mask after the shampoo is mandatory. For great results, you can even spread the product, wrap the hair in a warm towel and let the mask work for 20 minutes, before rinsing. You can also invest in anti-frizz products that will prevent dehydration.
It is essential that you apply a hair protector every two hours during a fun day out in the sun. The hair fiber needs to be protected by good oils. Tips to remember:
Avoid a ponytail at all times as it can be aggressive on your wet hair. The pressure of the elastics and hair accessories can also break the hair at its root and make too much pressure on the region of the temples.
Avoid getting into the water with dry hair. First, soak the hair in a shower or with mineral water. This will absorb less chlorine and salt.
After dipping, be sure to rinse your hair with clean water so that its hair fibers do not dry out.
Hydration is essential at this stage! At the first opportunity, treat your hair and focus on what’s urgent.
- Bathing as soon as possible to decrease contact time with salt and chlorine is a must. Regenerating fiber and replacing lost keratin and water is urgent.
- You can bet on ultra-potent rebuilding products that have instant action.
- Use a moisturizing shampoo that will help in the recovery of the hair that is dry
- Also apply a specific one for the summer, to care for hair that has been sunburnt.
- Avoid using blow dryers and iron machines on your hair during the summer as it causes more damage.
- But if you really have to use heat products, don’t forget to apply a heat protector to prevent to the maximum the aggression of the high temperatures.
Written by: Larisse Milato